Friday, July 21, 2006

after some relaxation, time to get serious

the title says it all for this one. my sister's been in town for a surprise visit for the last couple days, so i haven't been playing any cards. my mind's become nice and clear again, though, so it should be high time to get my ass in gear and hit a self-imposed 1k+ goal for results before i depart for vegas next wednesday.

unfortunately, i've also found out that i won't be getting the 3k bankroll infusion from my research assistantship until later than expected, which means i'll be playing lower in vegas than i'd like. i'm going to have to stick to cash games in the range of 5/10 limit games and 1/2 NLHE, which kind of sucks, but i'm still expecting to make my trip worthwhile in the side games.

as for other vegas fun, i've decided to bring my golf clubs with me, so if any fcpers want to hit the links before august 10th, let me know.

in other news, it looks like another prospective apartment in chicago fell through, so the search is still on. if any of my (two or three) faithful readers should happen to know of a sweet 2-br deal in wicker park or the ukranian village, shoot me an email, ok?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home